Skip to main content
- Comportability Definition and Specification
- Device Interface Function (DIF) Specification
- Tool Guides
- Topgen Tool: Describes
topgen.py and its Hjson format source. Used to generate rtl and validation files for top specific modules such as PLIC, Pinmux and crossbar.
- Register Tool: Describes
regtool.py and its Hjson format source. Used to generate documentation, rtl, header files and validation files for IP Registers and toplevel.
- Ipgen Tool: Describes
ipgen.py and its Hjson control file. Used to generate IP blocks from IP templates.
- Crossbar Tool: Describes
tlgen.py and its Hjson format source. Used to generate self-documentation, rtl files of the crossbars at the toplevel.
- Vendor-In Tool: Describes
util/vendor.py and its Hjson control file. Used to pull a local copy of code maintained in other upstream repositories and apply local patch sets.
- Coding Style Guides (To avoid conflict, toil and confusion regarding code style, OpenTitan’s CI enforces
what it can of the following guides):
- FPGA Reference Manual
- OpenTitan Continuous Integration